Catalyst, the only firm to earn Agency of the Year from PRWeek and The Holmes Report in 2012, is seeking to add talented executives to our agency.
We are a group of highly motivated, team-oriented professionals with a passion for our partner brands, and are interested in talented individuals at all levels who can add to our thriving culture. At Catalyst, we partner with leading brands such as Under Armour, Timex, SUBWAY® Restaurants and vitaminwater to reach the hearts and minds of consumers who are passionate about sports, entertainment and leading an active lifestyle. We focus on strategic media relations and have the knowledge, experience and insight to navigate today’s media landscape — we know what consumers are reading, watching and to whom they are listening. Through a strategic media relations process, we ensure that brand messages connect with the right audience, at the right time, and in the right place to positively impact consumer behavior and attitudes.
If you would like to join our team, please contact us at email@example.com. See specific job postings below.
The Community Manager serves as our client’s daily community evangelist. This individual is highly motivated, creative and has a deep passion for building and fostering communities: s/he uses Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, FourSquare, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram every day and is on top of all of the emerging platforms and trends in the social space. The Community Manager is responsible for the creation and client approval of editorial content within brand voice, day-to-day publishing of content, ongoing conversations with individuals in the community (both brand and customer service related), reporting on best practices and contributing to the ongoing improvement of our social strategy. The Community Manager must have client-facing experience. The Social Media Manager should have three to four years of experience managing social media for brands and have a deep passion and understanding of sports. The sports knowledge is a must.
• Act as chief editor, social journalist and community evangelist for our client; creating and publishing on-brand content, listening to responses, answering questions and generating healthy dialogue
• Recognize and build relationships with key influential community contributors
• Identify and communicate opportunities, threats and trends to client and account teams
• Use social listening tools to proactively enter conversations where relevant while flagging and sharing comments with appropriate departments (i.e. customer service)
• Analyze campaigns weekly and translate into insightful recommendations for optimization
• Liaise with client daily
• Participate in the management and execution of social influencer campaigns
• 3-4 years of experience managing social media for brands, preferably sports brands (agency or editorial experience a plus)
• Hybrid right/left brained thinker:
• Right Brain: Proven excellence in creative writing and editorial prowess
• Left Brain: Ability to research and use critical thinking to synthesize into insightful recommendations
• Personally immersed in multiple and social media platforms
• Proficiency in social listening tools (i.e. Radian6) and publishing platforms (i.e. Buddy Media)
• Fun, outgoing and social person by nature
• Strong interpersonal and client relationship skills
• Extremely knowledgeable about sports
• Highly organized and able to maintain calm and collected while under pressure – attention to detail is a must
• Brings a unique point of view to the team
Back to Top
Account Manager, Digital
The Account Manager, Digital plays an important leadership and development role within the digital group and the agency. Their role is to not only help execute appropriate digital programs but also provide ongoing strategic counsel to their account partners in an effort to help them address their client’s short and long-term business goals. They work hand in hand with junior staff/specialist on relevant assignments/activations. The Account Manager, Digital should have a strong grasp of the inner-workings of the account and the digital elements of any program initiatives; in addition, they should constantly be developing relevant insight to help the account leads identify areas of growth/opportunity/improvement for the business. They should play a very visible role with appropriate client partners and provide support to the account director/lead.
• Responsible for day to day digital leadership on account (i.e. the overall “digital health” of the account)
• Work closely with the account lead(s) to provide strategic Digital Social Mobile (DSM) counsel and identify proactive opportunities for brand
• Develop a sincere understanding of the working process of the account side, and how DSM counsel best fits into the overall strategy
• Input on all planning and provide digital POV
o Consistent participation during the creative ideation phase
o Continually serve as a partner with account team/lead and act as sounding board for ideas
o When it comes to the digital/social portion of a plan, the Account Manager, Digital will lead further developing the concept (after the initial brainstorm(s)) and creating the slides with support from the planner and/or account lead
o If the plan is 100% digital then the DS will lead the entire plan development process, along with the brand planner
o Provide support to the Senior Account Manager, Digital or Director with budgeting (hours and hard costs) for each digital/social media campaign and at times develop the plan with senior guidance
• Proactively identify DSM industry trends/potential issues and provide appropriate recommendations to account lead(s)
o Proactively identify DSM trends taking place within brand communities and provide counsel potential next steps and bigger implications for client partners
• Management of any and all social influencer campaigns (not inclusive of bloggers, but rather true social media influencers)
• Manage and execute any digital programs including LBS activations, mobile app launches, branded online content creation & syndication, DSM prof. development, etc.
• Play community manager role when necessary and provide ongoing education for account team to enable them to eventually run a community manager program (or at least share responsibilities)
• Work with specialist/junior staff to provide digital/social media analysis based on measurement and tracking reports, including competitive (when paid for)
• Help lead internal DSM education and growth of Catalyst Digital as well as external agency digital marketing efforts
• 50% execution; 50% strategicQualifications:
The Account Manager, Digital at Catalyst should have anywhere between 4-7 years of relevant experience. Their core responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing ongoing strategic digital counsel, working closely with specialist/account staff to identify areas of opportunities within current initiatives and competitive actions, digital program management (e.g., LBS activation, mobile app, branded online content, etc.), community management, social influencer engagement, digital professional development, and metric analysis and social measurement. They are expected to be constantly looking for opportunities to build against the agency’s core digital capabilities (Strategic community engagement, mobile/LBS, social influencer, digital counsel and video). The account equivalent is Senior Account Executive.How to Apply:
Click here: http://imgworld.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=53733
Back to Top
The Ideal candidate will have:
· Experience in an agency environment
· Proven track record of being part of building a digital department
· Strong strategist
· Ability to take digital knowledge and sell it across the marketing and/or digital division
· Strong experience working with large consumer brands
· Personal or working interest in the sports and entertainment sector
· Ability to sell-in digital concepts at the senior client level
· Foresight to help build a developing department in terms of talent acquisition, identifying developing digital trends and fostering knowledge throughout the organization
· Hands-on experience with digital and traditional communication disciplines and how it relates to brand goals (e.g. tweets, Facebook posts, Foursquare, mobile, etc.)
· Ability to educate and inspire Catalyst clients and account team members about best practices and emerging trends
· Ability to grasp complex concepts and systems quickly, and express them in simple ways
· Experience managing 3rd party vendors
· Strong business writing, storytelling, communication, presentation skills
· Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team
· Organized, accurate, and has an attention to detail
· Understanding of measurement, website analytics and best practices for driving traffic to online properties
· Experience managing a product roadmap (preferably related to social features and/or applications), building a team, defining user experience, and leading innovation to improve the consumers’ experience.
· Experience with Facebook and Twitter APIs is a plus; must be 100% comfortable with the core technologies
· Strong understanding of the PR discipline
How to Apply:
Click here to apply:
Back to Top
Senior Account Manager
Catalyst, An IMG Consulting Company is looking for a PR professional with 8-13 years of experience with a heavy emphasis in the QSR/restaurant space.
• Spearhead decision-making and problem-solving processes to set and achieve corporate goals.
• Provide senior-level account planning and supervision for key major accounts and provide specialized expertise in consumer brand practice area.
• Serve as senior counsel to designated clients and multi-site account teams, providing strategic guidance to clients on an ongoing basis; anticipate and address client needs.
• Serve as strategic liaison among clients, account team and agency management.
• Develop and manage senior media and influencer relationships
• Motivate team members by promptly reviewing work and providing constructive feedback; encourage teams to take advantage of training and development opportunities.
• Display strong team leadership and willingness to work closely with direct reports.
• Help account team work effectively and in the best interests of client; maximize the agency’s network of resources to enhance client services.
• Demonstrate proficiency in writing and editing materials including client media materials, byline articles, client correspondence and reports.
• Exhibit strong communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to client, colleagues and others.
• Manage account financials including budget allocation and control, time sheets, client billing, supplier invoicing and purchase orders; ensure team billability and account profitability.Qualifications:
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
• Proven track record for providing and selling in highly strategic counsel/recommendations to senior clients.
• Ideally eight to thirteen years of agency, management and/or corporate public relations experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field.How to Apply:
Click here to apply:
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have 8-13 years of agency, management and or/corporate public relations experience?
2. What are your salary expectations? (Dollar Amount Only)
Back to Top
- Oversee creative development process across the agency’s full portfolio of clients for-- lead ideation brainstorms, and take ownership of the creative brief, brand positioning and other strategic documents
- Develop provocative consumer insight techniques to spark the creative process, further enhancing Catalyst’s insights-driven approach to program development
- Collaborate closely with Catalyst’s Managing Partners in the new business process-respond to proposals, develop program ideas, and take a leadership role in writing the presentation, as well as pitching to prospective clients
- Help identify business-building opportunities with current clients
- Help make Catalyst famous as consumer-driven public relations agency, by representing the agency’s unique approach at key marketing conferences and pursuing other thought leadership opportunities
- 10+ years of PR / Advertising experience in an agency setting. Current Agency experience preferred
- Must have at least four years’ experience in a senior/managerial position (ACD, CD)
- Proven track record driving every stage of the strategy and creative development process for integrated consumer campaigns: from defining the brand positioning and taking ownership of the creative brief and other strategic documents; to leading ideation sessions and brainstorms
- Demonstrated ability to turn the seed of an idea into a strategic and fully integrated program concept
- Deep commitment to unearthing consumer insights to spark creative
- Dynamic presentation skills: engaging personality who has regularly played key roles in client presentations and new business pitches
- Excellent writing skills: must be able to bring strategic and creative concepts to life in written documents
- Extensive familiarity with (and passion for) the digital and social media space
- Entrepreneurial approach to growing client relationships organically, and to winning new business
- Experience working with consumer brand clients as an agency partner
- Must have excellent working knowledge of current and emerging trends in sports, health / fitness, media/entertainment, and pop culture
- Highly collaborative style and poise in working under deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field; graduate degree preferred
Click here to apply:
Back to Top
- Play a utility/support role on assigned accounts by locating media placements, proactively pitching local media, and preparing clips for client distribution.
- Increase awareness and interest in each client’s business to help meet their needs effectively.
- Conduct research and analysis and create necessary reports for client distribution.
- Respond to requests from clients, account staff and other agency employees in a professional and timely manner.
- Coordinate production of projects involving word processing, proofreading, editing, and making arrangements with agency vendors for video/photo production and press materials.
- Coordinate and distribute press materials, press kits and mailings for account teams.
- Attend necessary account team meetings and participate in events as part of overall team.
- Cultivate and exhibit strong organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Prioritize multiple assignments and handle high volume detail work.
- Provide front office/reception support on a back-up basis.
- Strive for personal and professional growth enabling Catalyst to maintain a competitive advantage by providing clients with exceptional value and service.
- Exhibit a strong working knowledge of social media and digital platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or a related field.
- Above average usage of grammar, spelling, punctuation and mathematics.
- Knowledge of contemporary business procedures, computer functions and phone etiquette.
- One year of agency and/or corporate public relations experience, specifically working with consumer brands, is a plus.
Click here to apply:
Back to Top
Consumer Insights Manager
Catalyst is looking for a consumer insights professional with great qualitative, quantitative, and media research skills to join our award-winning agency and work with some of the world’s leading consumer brands.
The role of the Consumer Insights Manager is to create and execute research approaches and methodologies which will infuse consumer and competitive insights into Catalyst’s strategic and creative approach, substantiate and support strategic marketing communications proposals and campaigns and measure outcomes.
•Provide relevant, timely and thought provoking trend and competitive insight information to both internal and external stakeholders
•Immersion in the client category, becoming an expert in the client competitive and industry landscape and into the behaviors and psychographics of the target consumer
•Provide insights to develop and recommend communications strategies and creative ideas
•Work closely with account teams to ensure that research results and recommendations are integrated into client marketing plans
•Develop and recommend new research methodologies and sources
•Develop survey proposals, manage questionnaire design and reporting for surveys used for public release
•Utilize all secondary research tools, such as Comscore, Simmons, Radian6, and Mintel to identify current and emerging consumer trendsQualifications:
•Must have a proven track record of conducting research, analyzing/synthesizing results, and integrating specific, actionable insights into client programs and proposals
•Extensive familiarity with a broad range of syndicated research and measurement tools
•Experience in consumer research with public relations, advertising or marketing agency, or in a media company (agency experience strongly preferred)
•Experience working closely with account teams to ensure that research results and recommendations are factored into client communication plans
•Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly in translating insights into recommendations for marketing communications programs
•Highly collaborative practice style; demostrated ability to contribute to the professional development of other consumer insights professionalsHow to Apply:
Click here to apply:
Back to Top